EAI International Workshop on Smart City Experimental and Digital Business Development Platforms
**SMARTDBD 2017 is organised under Smartcity360 Experience and Perspectives**
Experience and Perspectives [Smart City Summit](http://smartcity360.org/2017/)
EXHIBIT at Smart City360° Summit to gain important exposure for your project, prototype or product!
PARTICIPATE at Smart City360° Summit to connect with others in your field!
SEE ALL Smart City360° Summit to see other Experience and Perspectives
NEWS: Vogue revealing some of the best gems of Helsinki.
The first International Smart City experimental platform and federation conference aims to serve as a premier international forum for discussions, bringing together academic, industrial and governmental researchers along with practitioners, standards developers and students interested in Smart Cities experimental platforms, Living Labs and interoperability.
The conference is putting together research groups developing or owning experimental faculties, ICT experts, Internet and IoT researchers, Living Labs and Innovation organisations, security experts and business practitioners.
The conference provides an opportunity to present and to discuss different experimental faculties, the possibilities of their integration, interoperability, connectivity, federation aspects and to start a discussion on possible partnerships and implementation.
The conference stimulates discussion on Smart Cities Living Labs and experimental platforms that could allow to gain experiments to gain realistic data on techno-social systems of system behaviour, resilience and vulnerability.
The conference will help to identify the gaps in existing knowledge, the areas of future multidisciplinary collaboration will help to create new projects and to develop a roadmap for future research and development.
The follow-up exhibition will provide an opportunity to present experimental facilities, test beds, software tools and to participate in matchmaking meetings to discuss new partnership and collaboration opportunities between academia, industry and cities authorities. The follow-up co-creation seminars will provide opportunities to discuss and to apply research results to concrete regional programmes with the participation of cities, regions and industry.
There is a large number of existing experimental facilities, projects and tools that are providing different capabilities and capacities for Smart Cities research and experimentation, business development, validation, testing and demonstration with high level of fragmentation among them. There is a growing demand to establish digital business development platforms and growth environments as Cities Lab to support innovation, new services and business models for Smart Cities and Regions. The federation of available experimental faculties for Smart Cities services and systems has a tremendous potential and faces a big challenges. The system integration and concept of joint federated experimental platform for Smart Cities Resilience, Sustainability and Security has not been established yet. There is a missing framework of Living Labs and experimental platforms that could allow to gain experiments to gain realistic data on Smart Cities techno-social systems. The repository of available facilitates has not been developed. The existing experimental facilities interoperability at different levels remains an open question.. The federation and sustainable deployment require serious evaluation of the associated organizational, economic and security aspects. These complex issues require multidisciplinary research collaboration and input from academic and industrial research
Highlights and Publications:
Topics of interest
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other confrere or journal in the following but not limited to, topic areas:
Experimental, testing platforms, test beds and Living Labs for Smart Cites. Experiences, trends, interconnection. (Session A)
- Experimental platforms for Smart Cities technologies and systems
- System architecture of experimental platforms including openness, federation, scalability
- Testing platforms
- IoT, 5G, Future internet experimental platforms and projects
- Virtual Living Labs
- City as Lab
- Cross border Living Labs platforms
- Smart Cities domains experimental facilities (environment, health, security, infrastructure)
- Digital business development platforms and growth environments
- Interfaces with smart city existing urban systems or components through standard APIs
- Economic, organizational, security and legal aspects of experimental, testing and demonstration faculties
Connectivity, federation and virtualization technologies (Session B)
- Federation of test beds and experimental platforms
- Connectivity and federation of remote faculties
- Integration with large scale networks
- Virtual Living Labs
Service platforms (Session C)
- Shared application development platforms
- Public e-services experimental platform
- Citizens participation and tools
Living Labs and experimental platforms as source of experimental realistic data on Smart Cities techno-social-economic systems (Session D)
- Crowdsourcing experimental platforms
- Internet and mobile network platforms for experimental data collection
- Models , ocietal, behavioral, economic, system research results and models validation with the experimental data to support innovation, new services and business models